Saturday, November 18, 2006

Gone Fishing

The lady of rant is not around today so I am going to write in her place.

Yesterday was a pretty cool day. The weather was gorgeous, 20 celsius. I have started doing at least one thing each day that I have been procrastinating on. Today I went to the gym. I joined this gym a year ago last april. BUT I never went once. Each month I said, oh, I'll go next month. Well, the year came to an end and they renewed me and debted my account without my permission. I called and explained, the guy said no problem and told me if I ever wanted to join again to let him know. Maybe he could work something out.

I went in yesterday, the guy was gone but the new guy looked up my records and said sure, let's work something out. I was expecting knocking a few bucks off my memberhip.
He said, "how does this sound"? We'll give you a free trial membership for six months, upgrade you to the high end (membership) , then we'll sit down and talk again in six months.

Sounded pretty damn good to me! The high end you get all the fancy stuff and pampering.
I told him I was pleased and it was more than I had anticipated.
He said it was because I didn't demand anything or have that attitude.

Today's mission. Go out to dinner with my older sister that I have been putting off for ages.

No comments: