Sunday, October 01, 2006

I Knew This Was Going To Happen


Princess is finally settling in to Calgary. She has all her books and furniture, loves her apartment, and is getting to know the city. She has decided to go about things differently this time at school. She never wanted to associate with fellow students socially in her last two programs but being in a new city, she has decided to change her attitude. She has joined a number of associations and has gone to social events organized by fellow PhD students. Eg. pot luck dinners, lunches, etc.

Okay, now at the first pot luck dinner, everyone was joking around and this Brit proposed to her. haha?? Then a few days later he invited her to lunch, on the ruse(just my opinion) that she missed a luncheon they had because of class. Then he invited her over for dinner at his apartment, he made her a veggy bolognese(he's not vegetarian).
He then suggested they take a bus trip to Banff on the week-end.

Now this child of mine, is a child of mine! We see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear. Just friends she told me, okay I replied. I didn't really say that. haha. I asked her if he had a crush on her. NO, she said, we're just friends. Then I said okay. To myself, yeah right!

This morning I asked her how the trip was. Fantastic she said, but.............up on the mountain, on a grassy knoll with the beautiful view below them, they were having lunch and he proceeds to tell her how he feels.
Well, he thinks she's fantastic(right about that) and states his intentions. She listens and puts her reservations out there and then says "we'll see". That was enough for him and she said, you look pretty pleased with yourself. (I guess that itself was sufficient)

I was worried about this because they are in the same program and have to see each other all the time. She is like me and her interest can wane pretty quickly if he doesn't keep up with her.
One thing he has going for him is that he is smart and can keep up intellectually. He's also very sweet she says.

Who know's? He's not even her type physically though from what she's told me. I just don't like the feel of it, she made him promise they would stay friends if it didn't work out. I really hope it does, she deserves someone nice. Too many bad boys out there.
He's twenty-four, she's twenty-two.

1 comment:

maggie said...

Thanks Hanuman, me too. :)