Wednesday, September 06, 2006

BooHoo

Princess left for Calgary this morning. We were up at 4 a.m., flight left at 7:00 a.m. For the first time ever I stayed and watched the plane take off from the observation deck. This was a significant moment as I am usually out the airport doors as soon as the person I am seeing off has checked their baggage.
She got a call friday afternoon about an apartment she had applied for online. It's right near the university and we got to see it on the management's website. Cool! That was a close call for us.

If you haven't guessed it yet, Princess is my daughter. I had her when I was a teenager and we are closer than two friends could ever be. I remember when I was in university, she was six and used to write me notes saying, "have a good day, mommy". When she got a little older she told me she used to wonder why my school was so intense when I was only studying "signs". (stop, go, yield)
With my Cape Breton accent that's how I pronounced "science".

She fast tracked high school, got her honors degree in two and a half years and her masters in one. Am I a proud mother................YEAH!

Hence......... Rosey. When I got home from the airport this morning feeling numb and quite despondent, I opened up my door and Rosey jumped right into my arms. Squealing with delight at the sight of me, just what the doctor ordered.
I will post a picture of her shortly so you can see what a cutie she is.

Halifax.......do I really want to make it my home now?????

No comments: