Saturday, August 26, 2006

Plea for help

I have mentioned Princess a number of times on my blog so I'm going to assume that you know who I am talking about. Getting an apartment in Calgary is very difficult when you don't live there. With the time difference , any apartment she calls about is already gone. There are plenty of basement apartments but that is not what she wants or feels is safe. Finding a place to stay for a couple of weeks until she can find one is also hard. Does anyone have any suggestions?

On another note, I have a new addition to my household. Her name is Rosey (nee Rosehip). Her breeder calls all her dogs for herbs and spices. When I was on the phone with her discussing adoption, Princess said I sounded rude when told her name. ROSEHIP I repeated into the phone, sounding like I had just tasted something bad. Anyway, Rosey is an absolutely adorable pug. She is 4 years old and is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. All she wants is to lick your face and be loved. She has become quite attached to me in just 3 days. She follows me everywhere and snuggles up whenever I sit down. She is so funny, I love her. I was told that people with funny personalities get along with pugs the best. She constantly makes me laugh with her antics. I don't even mind the poop and scoop! THAT and the 6am walk I thought I could never do. It's funny, people are attracted to her on our walks and I find myself engaging in conversations that I would never normally have.

I would appreciate any info on how to find a place in NorthWest Calgary besides the local newspapers. Residence is not an option as her furniture has already been shipped.
Here's hoping. :)

No comments: