Monday, May 29, 2006

May 29 1806
Dueling over a horse racing wager, future President Andrew Jackson takes a bullet in the chest from fellow lawyer Charles Dickinson. The slug shatters two ribs and buries itself near his heart. Then it is Jackson's turn to fire, which manages to sever an artery and kill his opponent.

Sounds like something that Jean Chretien would do. One thing about Jean, he's not afraid to use his fists.

What a Day

I had the most obnoxious man in today. First, I said with a smile, how are you today? Terrible, he said. What's wrong, I asked? If you don't remember that's your problem he responded. He was in a so called accident 1 year ago when an 80 year old lady backed out of her driveway and hit the tire of his car. Since then he has been walking with a cane, going to physiotherapy, and saying he's suing her up the ying-yang. He has 3 lawsuits on the go. Nice guy.
He's 300 lbs at least, and suspect his body could absorb a much bigger shock than that. After he's seated, I asked him some questions about his medical health ( necessary) and got nothing but sarcastic remarks as answers.
I was alone in the room with him writing notes on his file and he says, "turn that disgusting noise off". (It was the radio) . I said just a moment, as I was in the middle of writing. He said, NOW! Or I'm leaving. I got up and turned it off saying, be nice Mr. X there's no need for that. He jumped up out of the chair, whipped off his bib, and said, I don't like you, never liked you, never will like you. One in a million ain't bad!
He's been abusive with everyone else in the clinic but it still shook me up. I made sure to document everything that took place and had my boss sign as a witness.

How was your day?

No comments: