Friday, May 12, 2006

May 12 1982
During a procession outside the shrine of the Virgin Mary in Fatima, Portugal, security guards overpower Juan Fernandez Krohn before he can attack Pope John Paul II with a bayonet. Krohn, an ultraconservative Spanish priest opposed to the Vatican II reforms, decided that the Pope must be killed for being an "agent of Moscow."

Do Spanish priests have that 007, Licensed to Kill in their vows?

Today

I meet so many different people in my work. In the dental office you can't always judge a book by it's cover. In other circumstances you might make an accurate opinion of someone, but not there. If someone seems to be abrasive, distant, unfriendly, it's not necessarily their true nature. They are just afraid. To be able to put these people at ease is one of my greatest pleasures. I use different techniques with each one, being sensitive is one of my greatest gifts. To get a hug from someone who was terrified, is a feeling I can't put into words.

Interesting, one guy told me today that he didn't want to have his wisdom teeth removed because it would be like losing a piece of his soul???? (He was in his forties). I asked him if he had his appendix. No, he said. Do you have your tonsils? No, he said. Do you feel any different, I asked. No, he replied........................................

No comments: