Saturday, April 22, 2006

Apr 22 1992
215 people are killed and 1,500 injured when two miles of sewer lines explode in Gaudalajara, Mexico. 20 city blocks in the downtown area are leveled by the blast. A corroded petroleum pipeline had filled the sewer with explosive fuel.

Jeezus, that puts a whole new spin on "shootin' the shit" doesn't it.


Funny Story(to me)

An employee that has been a pain in my ass for the past year?? is finally moving to the great west. Winnipeg.........good place for her. She is lazy, has no initiative and downright annoying. As it is a clinic I couldn't really get rid of her myself. The owner of the clinic is a sweetheart of a man that sees no wrong in anyone, thinking they will learn. Yeah, right! Pigs will fly too. But I digress, here's the funny part.

Last Wednesday, in our staff room on a small table, is a small daily journal wrapped in cellophane with my sisters business card inside. I know it's hers (the employeee) , as she said she had a meeting with a bank at lunchtime. When I saw her later I said, oh, you met my sister today. She said "what"? I explained that my sister was the manager. (I have mentioned this to her before but.........) She was so intent on impressing the male that was dealing with her she didn't realize there is a higher power. Anyway, she said "the woman" who came in later was quite interested in her idea. ( My sister is diplomatic, she says that to everyone I'm sure) Okay, none of my business I said , "I don't speak to my sister about patient's and she doesn't discuss clients, it's unethical."
I remember asking my sister months ago how to deal with inept employees. I did mention an employeee I was having trouble with but no names were mentioned. I don't know if she remembered or not. What I do know is that, on that table where the daily journal was, the journal is gone but the business card remains.

No comments: