Sunday, December 17, 2006

INLAW OR OUTLAW.......That is the question

Last nite I got home from a wonderful dinner with my daughter. I had talked to my family earlier in the day except my younger sister. I called her and my five year old neice answered the phone. She then began to sing me happy birthday, ending with, "happy birthday dear aunt maggie". Made my day, she's a scamp!
Then her mother came on the phone telling me how she was so looking forward to christmas family dinner this year.(It's at her place) "What's so different about us this year"? I innocently asked. WELL.......

She then sprung it on me that our brother and his wife and two children are going to be there. You could have heard a pin drop, "There's nothing wrong with that, is there"? she said.
"No, not at all", I replied, "I gotta' go, bye".

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT???

She's a fucking bitch. My thoughts of a wonderful christmas dinner with family just went down the tubes. She's mean, rude, two faced, I wouldn't call her a snowman but.............abominable does come to mind. We have all put up with her antics over the years because we are descent folk. BUT I didn't want to spend Christmas with her. There is much more to the story but my word will have to suffice.

This morning I woke up and started to knit. (self help therapy) :)

I made my older sister a scarf that I was promising her. I knit fancy ones with ribbons and multi colored yarn.

Then I made Rosey a wrap that looks like confetti (she doesn't like sweaters). I'd post a picture but I haven't sewn on the velco yet.

I'm now knitting a scarf for Rosey................

5 comments:

Ur-spo said...

dear me!
well, a belated happy birthday to you, and many happy returns.
try not to get the family bug you too much.

maggie said...

Thank you spo.
It was a rant, I'm okay now.

TigerYogi said...

Maybe you could knit a noose for your darling sister-in-law... ;)

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I agree with tigeryogi...a NOOSE! Let's hang the sister-in-law!

maggie said...

What a fantastic idea. Knit a noose.
I think I'll make it with horse hair. Thay have three show horses and it would be a very apropos.
Plus, I think horse hair is very coarse,"n'est-ce pas"?