Friday, September 15, 2006

Sep 15 1885

P.T. Barnum's prize elephant Jumbo, is struck dead by a freight train in St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada. It takes 150 men to haul the carcass up an embankment, from whence it is taken to a taxidermist. The stuffed Jumbo becomes a featured attraction in Barnum's circus.

My sister-in-law is from St. Thomas, she nevered mentioned this little? nugget to me. :)
I wonder what they stuffed him with?

Meanwhile.......... back at the ranch

My little darling Rosey is a sweetheart. She really is a godsend because I miss Princess very much. We talk every day but........................

Actually Rosey (not her fault) is quite a responsibility. I put off having a dog for a while now because of this. The 6:30 a.m., noontime, and after work walkabouts are demanding on my time. It's funny, whenever I saw people walking their dogs and picking up their poop, I thought...........ewwwwww! Now it's my dog and even though it's , well........shit, I don't mind it. I love her and that's what you have to do. I'm worried about the winter, I wouldn't want to put my bottom in the snow to go to the bathroom.

I was at the pet store today and another pug came in. The owner(of the pug) knew someone nearby who had a pug that was Rosey's son. Budha. ( small world) She said that Budha's owner would love to meet Rosey. Rosey doesn't cotton to other pugs, she had enough of them in her life. She was a breeder. The lady asked for my e-mail and I gave it to her. It will be very interesting to see how Rosey responds to Budha.

If I had to rename Rosey, it would be Angel, because that's what she is.

No comments: