Sunday, June 18, 2006

Jun 18 1959
Based on his erratic behavior, the Governor of Louisiana, Earl K. Long, is committed to a state mental hospital. Long responds by arranging for the hospital's director to be fired, and the new director proclaims him perfectly sane. (It is no secret that the man was completely nuts.)

I don't know about you but I find this extremely funny. His wife, known colloquially as Miz Blanche, had him committed after finding out about his affair with stripper Blaze Starr. (Remember Paul Newman).

Long left Blaze $50,000 in his will she refused to accept. Ain't love grand.


Mixed Feelings

Princess and I started watching Six Feet Under last year. We were hooked. She would download it as I don't have cable. (I don't watch enough TV to warrant it). She left the DVD at my place and I watched an episode without her. WRONG MOVE!! I fessed up and after that she didn't share her downloading again. I broke a cardinal rule and suffered in silence.
Anyhoo, after six months went by I decided to rent the box set, starting with season four. Then yesterday I got season five and Princess told me she didn't watch the last episode. I was so excited as we both loved the show so much and we were going to be able to share the ending.

I loved all the characters, Keith and David were my favorites though, especially Keith, he was so supportive. I know it was an appropriate ending as the show dealt with death, but.............................. I found it, a bit disconcerting. I actually felt nauseous for a few moments.

On a lighter note, at the end when they were all dying and they showed Brenda, I said to Princess, wow she really let herself go. (Remember I was watching the whole season in one day) Princess says, what do you expect she's over eighty. Remind me not to get old around you.
In my defense, her hair was long and scraggly.

Th..th...th...that's all folks. Enjoy your week. :)

No comments: